The Waukee YMCA is a hub for relationships and collaboration within the community. The Y is not just a top notch fitness facility. Relationships with individuals, schools, local government, non profits and churches have made the Waukee Family YMCA a thriving community of people committed to strengthening the foundations of community.
“The Y is uniquely positioned in a way that it can partner with a diverse group of organizations, not just in Waukee, but nationally," said Eric Kress, executive director. “We design our programs and open up the facility to be inclusive and welcoming to the entire community, allowing us to connect with everyone. We like to think that the Y is the glue that brings our community together."
Our staff members are people dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities. Every day our impact is felt when one of our members makes a healthy choice, when one of our children demonstrates the Y values and when our community comes together to support someone in need.
Our staff members are people who drive a cause – it is because of our drive, our passion, our belief in others, and our belief in the strength of our mission that we are able to make a difference – every day. This is a great career opportunity in an organziation that can help you make a difference in people's lives. If this is your calling - apply now and begin your own Y journey today!
GENERAL FUNCTION: Operating within the policies, procedures, and practices of the YMCA of Greater Des Moines, this position is responsible for fostering and promoting a welcoming, member-focused environment that provides opportunities for people to make positive changes in their lives. This position is also responsible for developing, organizing and implementing programs and creating opportunities focused on developing a sense of belonging, ownership and community among our Y members. This position directly manages member services, including child watch, wellness coaching, and other assigned programs for the branch. This position supervises staff and volunteers and may manage community and vendor agreements and relationships.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent
- At least three to five years related program development, management and supervision experience
- American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED/First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogen Certifications or equivalent approved by the YMCA
- Y Leaders Orientation Session
- Y Welcome Center Academy
- Y ThinSoft Training
- Y WellCoach I , II and III Trainings OR other approved Intrinsic Coaching certification
- Demonstrated computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Y-USA Multi-Team or Branch Leader Competency Level or higher preferred
- Create, develop and implement new programs.
- Manage assigned program areas and activities, ensuring programs comply with all applicable YMCA standards and methods of operation an continually strive to attain the highest possible level of quality.
- Expand participation in assigned programs.
- Evaluate and review all aspects of assigned programs to ensure consistent quality and safety.
- Assist in development and distribution of materials to market and promote programs.
- Assist in the development and distribution of materials to market and promote programs.
- Conduct marketing and promotion for assigned programs.
- Coordinate with corporate staff to ensure all marketing meets the standards and requirements of the association.
- Prepare and submit required budget planning and management information for program area(s).
- Monitor assigned budget to ensure revenue and expenses are consistent with approved budget plan.
- Prepare and submit all required financial information and reports.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Provide leadership and direction for multiple departments working directly with staff and working through
- program coordinator staff
- Create a culture exemplifying the Y Voice, relationship building, accountability, high standards, and over the top member service.
- Determine staffing needs of assigned program area(s) within YMCA guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in recruiting process and manage selection process as determined by guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct required orientation and training for assigned staff.
- Manage, supervise, and evaluate assigned staff to ensure satisfactory job performance.
- Manage and maintain staffing to cover all areas of assigned program(s).
- Ensure applicable staff development opportunities are taken by assigned staff.
- Prepare and submit payroll paperwork and time/attendance information as required by YMCA policies and procedures and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
MEMBER SERVICE/COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Manage member and community resources to effectively and efficiently coordinate services.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Serve as a YMCA representative, both within the organization and outside the organization.
- Demonstrate and support the objectives of the organization as embodied in the mission statement and values.
- Assist in organization’s financial development efforts, including the annual fund raising campaign.
- Plan, prepare and organize special events as required.
- Serve on organization and community committees and teams as required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.